Marriage is life changing decision, not only for the bride & the groom but also for their respective families. It all starts from searching (in most of the cases) of the right partner.
Wedding preparation is very tedious work; hence most of the couple (& families) search for Wedding planners or check out such a venue who takes care of all their hassles. Palms Water Resort is one amongst them.
Here is the checklist that you should consider for your wedding to flow smoothly.
6 MONTHS PRIOR
Step 1: Finalize your dates.
- Decide on the convenient date & start preparing towards it.
- Work out an approximate guest list.
- Decide whom to invite for which event.
- If opting for loan, then you can research for multiple options.
TIPS: Ideally wedding planning should start at least 6 months prior.
Step 2: Decide on the budget
- Conclude on who will be bearing your wedding expenses. it that you? or your parents ? or both of you?
- Are the expenses borne fully by your family or been chipped in by both the families.
5 MONTHS PRIOR
Step 3: Search for the best venue & book it.
- Now is the time to discuss your ideal wedding with your partner & both the families. Decide if it will be a destination wedding or a local wedding or an outdoor wedding or a banquet hall wedding.
- During the wedding season, most of the venues get hired at a faster pace. Hence, call the venue, check the availability of your wedding date & fix an appointment immediately with them.
- Choose a venue which cuts down your running about for catering, decorating & many more services.
4 MONTHS PRIOR
Step 4: Searching for a Honeymoon destination, jewellery designs, invitation card design etc..
Before 4 months prioritize on
- Searching for good tour operators & take advice on good honeymoon destinations.
- Searching for the latest jewellery designs
- Searching for designer outfits
- Searching for invitation card format & designs
- Searching for a good Photographer & videographer
3 MONTHS PRIOR
Step 5: Finalize the services
- Book your honeymoon package. (Recommended 3 months prior, as some countries can take few weeks for processing visa).
- Reserve the dates of your favourite Photographers & videographers
- Print your cards.
- BRIDE-to-be: start getting your skin pampered.
- Join the gym
- Hire a choreographer for your Sangeet/ Haldi ceremony.
TIPS: Now a day’s E-cards are in trend. Making an E-card will be worth conserving nature. Most couples also launch their wedding website & list their events with the respective timing. This is effective when it comes to getting the RSVP’s.
2 MONTHS PRIOR
Step 6: Shopping Shopping
- Buy those wedding clothes (trial first)
- Buy traditional jewellery matching on your wedding attire.
- Giveaway gifts
- Fix up your makeup artist.
1 MONTH PRIOR
Step 8: Tasting & Trials
- Go for food tasting.
- Finalize the Themes for all your events
- Take makeup trials
- Discuss with your photographer on how the rituals are scheduled.
- Let them know if you want to capture an important moment.
- Finalize the Pre-wedding shot location.
- Browse for some good cake designs & order them.
- Pack the gifts.
3 WEEKS PRIOR
Step 9: Necessary details for your honeymoon travel.
- Collect passport, visa, tickets, insurance, currency etc of your travel journey.
- Cross check all your details on all travel documents.
- If possible prepare a different bag for your travel.
- Hire a Mehendi designer for you & your family members.
TRANSPORTATION & ACCOMMODATION
- Check out & book accommodation for the guests visiting from far away.
- Arrange for transportation for the guest to the venue from your home.
2 WEEKS PRIOR
Step 10: Last check
- Get that pre-wedding shot done.
1 WEEK PRIOR
- Give a final to all the suppliers to check if everything is in place.
Practice Sangeet dance.
- Start decorating the house
TIPS: Share the numbers of all the vendors with your friends or cousins, so that in case of emergency they can contact the suppliers.
- Have a heavy breakfast, as it will be a long day for you.
- Consume plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.
- RELAX & Wear a smile on your face